Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Soft Ginger Cookies Recipe



I had some girlfriends fom church over last night and was looking for a new cookie recipe to try out for the big night (can't let the girls leave hungry, can I?). So I visited my favorite recipe blog, the Farmgirl Recipes http://thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Cookies. And it was on that wonderful site that I found IT- the recipe for the BEST cookies I have ever had! And the girls loved them too!
I tweaked the origial recipe a bit, so feel free to check out the original too!

Soft Ginger Cookies


1 1/2 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. molasses ( I did not have this so I mixed 1 part brown sugar & 1 part pure maple syrup to make 1/2 cup).
4 1/2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
extra sugar for rolling
1 package almond bark, white candy melts, or white chocolate chips



1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs and molasses and mix well. In another bowl mix dry ingredients together then slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls and roll into sugar. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 9-11minutes. I baked mine for about 9 minutes--they were just perfect, very soft.
2. Melt your almond bark in a double broiler or microwave . Cut the corner (only a tiny piece, les than a 1/8 inch) of a ziploc bag and fill it with melted candy. Drizzle in a back and forth motion over cookies. Place onto waxed paper and let dry. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah these cookies were AMAZING!!! I shared the extra with my dad & Alan & they loved them. Alan said they are cookie crack...LOL!

    ReplyDelete